The group has a wide expertise in the study of the procedures and the techniques which help to determine the origin of the fail (malfunctions, destruction) which happen using electronic components, in order to determine the actions to correct and eliminate the failures, increasing the reliability of the systems.
Together with the CAD Service, our experience in the design field includes the modeling, simulation and synthesis of circuits, IPs and growing to systems on chip (form VHDL/ Verilog to ASIC/FPGA), Support and Training to users, purchases and general management of CAD, CAD development for internal use, Libraries and design kits development for internal and external technologies, Management of external kits Back-end: P&R, delay extraction/back-annotation and post layout functional and Fault simulation.
These skills allow us to cover from the analysis to the top-down reconstruction of integrated circuits, performing in these process the identification and study of the different blocks that form them.
High precision mechanical layer removal
Chemical stain of low doped diffusions
Laser-based circuit edition
FIB-based circuit edition
- Focus Ion Beam (FIB)
- 2 Atomic Force Microscope (AFM)
- 3 Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM)
- Automatic polishing machine with multi-sample head
- Automatic polishing machine with two heads suitable for micro-sections
- Diamond saw
- Optical microscopes (micro-measurement, dark field and interferential contrast)
- Photo microscope
- Plasma equipment for layer removal
- Probe system with submicron needles and laser cutting facility
- Die attach. Wedge and ball bonding facilities.