|View PROTOCOL of ACCESS|
The Integrated Clean Room for Micro and Nano fabrication (SBCNM) is a Large Scale Facility (ICTS) dedicated to the development and application of innovative technologies in the field of Microelectronics together with other emerging Micro/Nanotechnologies. It is embedded administratively in the Centro Nacional de Microelectrónica - Instituto de Microelectrónica de Barcelona - (IMB-CNM), a research centre belonging to the Spanish Council of Scientific Research (CSIC).
The ICTS-SBCNM is an open access facility that aims at helping national and international research groups to carry out R&D activities thanks to the availability of a set of complete micro and nanotechnologies and processes housed in a highly specialised Clean Room environment devoted to R&D&i of excellence, and driven by an expert team. Such support ranges from technology awareness to the development of basic demonstrators, or small series of prototypes.
Micro and Nano enabling technologies are considered by the EC disruptive technologies of horizontal nature that are key for many industrial and societal applications and vital for the maintenance of jobs in Europe. (Microelectonics and Nanotechnology are part of the Key Enabling Technologies -KET's- concept). The range of applications that can be covered in the ICTS-SBCNM is very broad, including biomedical applications, environment, food, energy and mobility, security, communications and consumer electronics, etc. For these applications the main implementations of recent years in the ICTS-SBCNM have been in the following main families of devices:
- Semiconductor devices including power devices and radiation detectors;
- Sensors, actuators and MEMS;
- Nanoscale devices and actuators;
- Lab-on a chip systems; and polymer devices.
In summary, the technological offer of the SBCNM Large Scale Facility can be summarised in the following processes/capabilities:
- Thermal Processes and deposition of Thin Films by Chemical Vapour Deposition (CVD) and Atomic Layer Deposition (ALD)
- Ion Implantation
- Metallisation and deposition of Thin Films by Physical Vapour Deposition –Sputtering and Evaporation-
- Photolithography: coating/developing systems and Optical lithography capabilities
- Plasma-based Dry Etching: RIE and DRIE processes
- Wet Etching and Cleaning Processes
- Nanolithography: EBL, NIL, FIB, AFM, SEM
- Microsystems Processes: Anisotropic Etching, Micromachining, Lift-off, Wafer Bonding, Chemical deposition of metals
- Packaging: Wafer Dicing, Die Bonding and Wire Bonding
- Electrical Characterization: Parametric Test, Device Characterization