Surface: 25 m2.
Class 10000 with class 1000 in the wet processing stations.
Wet etching of different materials
- Bulk silicon micromachining (anisotropic wet etching)
- Surface silicon micromachining
- Metals: chromium, titanium, nickel, gold, aluminium
- Glass etching
- Other materials
Deposition of layers
- Protection layers: wax, photoresist
- Ni-P Electroless
Wet etching and cleaning equipment
- 4 benches for Silicon anisotropic wet etching with alkaline solutions: KOH, TMAH
- 4 multipurpose benches: 2 for wafers with metals and 2 for wafers without metals
- 2 overflow rinse tanks for wafer cleaning and 2 nitrogen guns for wafer drying
- ultrasonic tank
- gas cabinet
- small spinner
- scale, magnetic stirring…
Critical Point Dryer
- Liquid CO2 flow
- Critical conditions: temperature 32ºC and pressure 73 atm.
- 1 optical microscope
- 1 stereomicroscope
- 1 Optical Imaging Profiler
- Anisotropic wet etching of Silicon for bulk micromachining in alkaline solutions. The etching solutions used are KOH and TMAH. SiO2 and Si3N4 are used as mask layers during the etch. Four different etch-stop methods are available.
- Surface micromachining of silicon. The process can be performed by wet etching in HF solutions as well as in HF vapours. A SiO2 layer is used as a sacrificial layer
- Isotropic wet etching of silicon
- Wet etching of metals: aluminium, chromium, titanium, nickel and gold
- Isotropic wet etching of glass wafers
- Other wet etching processes
Marta Duch (