The general objective is the advanced research and development on new processes, devices and sensors for Integrated Circuits, MEMS, NEMS and Smart Systems, mainly using silicon based micro nano technologies.
More specifically, the work includes research at different levels of integration such as design, simulation, fabrication, characterization and optimization tasks for:
- Processes and micro-nanoelectronic technologies and their integration (More Moore approach).
- Nano-systems, sensors, NMEMS (More than Moore approach).
- Application-oriented smart systems and subsystems for fields such as medical, environment, food, energy, telecom, particle physics, space, etc.
Specific topics addressed are:
- high-k dielectrics, reliability of devices and technologies,
- CMOS-MEMS, SOI-MEMS and 3-D heterogeneous integration,
- thermally isolated micro-nano-structures, gas sensors,
- radiation sensors, radiation hardness characterization,
- power MEMS (nano-thermoelectrics, scavenging and microfuel cells).
Consolidated Research Group in Micro and Nanotechnologies, funded by the Comissionat per a Universitats i Recerca de la Generalitat de Catalunya – Project 2009 SGR 228
Micro energy generation and harvsting
Gas and liquid microdevices and systems
Micro & Nano tools
Thin high-k-dielectric films