Methods, techniques and tools for design & test of integrated circuits and systems. IC, ASIC, FPLD, SoC and Microsystems are the targets. The design activities are related to:
- Circuit and systems modelling, design & test methodologies (HDLs, IPs, SoC,...)
- IC, ASIC and FPGA applications development, co-design and retargeting
- Front-End design: specs., circuit modelling & capture, synthesis, detailed design, netlist and test program generation.
- Back-End design: place&route, DRC, LVS, post layout analysis, backannotation and simulation - Full-custom and semi-custom design
- Flexible architectures and reconfigurable systems based on programmable cores, FPLDs and MCMs
- Microsystems architecture, readout electronics, telemetric interfaces. - Behavioural and multi-technologic modelling & simulation
- Commercial off the shelf (COTS): Upgrading & qualification for aerospace applications
We mention the following results:
- ARM + FPGA platform development for SoC design based on EPSON IP-Cores and technologies
- FPGA based platform for a portable wireless touch-screen terminal
- PRENDA: ASIC design methodologies based on VHDL and related techniques and tools - FPGA and VHDL based test for integrated circuits and systems
- SOCCER: SoC based on IP assessment & design methodology for aerospace applications
- Cell library and design kits development for CNM CMOS technology
- PEC-31750: A peripheral controller for space applications
- CIMCO: Multimode IC for mobile communications using DECT protocols
- NANOSAT: A digital modem for LEO satellite communications
- Backend automatic processes for CNM and selected EUROPRACTICE technologies
- DearMama: Test and debugging FPGA-VHDL based platform for large system (new mammography system) and its core ASIC (a photon counter sensor)
- Basic devices and blocs for FPS development have been developed and characterised.
- The first prototype of on Q1 of 2001
- Multi-technology modelling & simulation by using VHDL-AMS.
- SPARTE electro-thermal modelling and simulation applied to power system & devices
- IDEA sensor & actuator behavioural modelling for microsystems integration