At IMB-CNM we have been working to become a new prop in the printed electronic field, building a new laboratory to adapt the coming interest in the realization of low-cost, flexible and large area electronic systems based on additive printed technologies.
In our lab we can find several equipment that let us achieve all steps processes needed, like screen-printing tech., substrate treatments, curing tools among others, but for sure the core equipment of our new “Printed-µE Lab” is the CERADROP X-Series printer, in order to fabricate all-inkjet “Organic Thin Film Transistor” devices and circuits; one of the main research lines at ICAS group.
We will be able to cope with a large range of different application domains in a versatile way and we expect to develop a complete printed-micro-electronics technology either full-inkjet or combined with photolithographic clean-room processes, but on flexible substrates to allow circuits’ development and its hybridization with other technologies.
The Printed-µE Lab has been contributed by several research groups (SPEED, GAB and ICAS) from IMB-CNM and also the CEPHIS group from UAB. The lab is mainly used by the above mentioned R&D groups, but it is open at cost for self-services on selected equipment or for services on demand over complex equipment.
- Inkjet Printing Cera Printer X-Serie, CERADROP
- Inkjet printing DMP-2831, DIMATIX from group CEPHIS -UAB
- Screen printing SK30, PAYMSER.
- Smart plasma device, PLASMA TECHNOLOGY
- Oven, BINDER from group CEPHIS - UAB
- Hot plate PZ28, HARRY GESTIGKEIT
- Digital microscope AM4113ZT for checks, DINO LITE
- Fridges for ink optimum storage
- Over table fume hood
- Sink with deionized water
- Nitrogen and oxygen gases
- Conductive silver ink depositions (PE410 from DUPONT)
- Dielectric ink depositions (SU8 from MicroChem)
- Ink initial characterizations
Lab managed by ICAS group, technical responsible: