The microsystems capabilities of IMB-CNM are included into the Integrated Micro and Nanofabrication Clean Room.
Surface: 25 m2.
Class 10000 with class 1000 in the wet processing stations.
Lift-off process: Patterning of metal layers without wet etching.
Deposition of metals:
Porous silicon: Electrolic etching of silicon
- Anisotropic wet etching of Silicon for bulk micromachining in alkaline solutions. KOH and TMAH are used as etching solutions. SiO2 and Si3N4 are used as mask layers during the etching. Four different etch-stop methods are available.
- Surface micromachining of silicon. Polysilicon is used as structural layer meanwhile the silicon oxide acts as sacrificial layer. HF-based solutions are used as etchants for the sacrificial layar etching. The process can be also done by HF-vapors. After the eching the samples can be dryed by critical point dryer of CO2 to avoid the sticking of the released structures.
- Lift-off process. Patterniing of metallic layers withou chemical etching of the layer. The process can be performed for metals deposited by evaporation or even by sputtering.
- Chemical deposition of metals by Electroless. Available metals are nickel, gold and copper.
- Electrodeposition of metals by electroplating. Available metals are nickel, gold, copper, tin-silver, silver
- Porous silicon. Electrochemical etching of silicon
- Wet etching of metal. Wet etching of chrome, aluminium, titanium, nickel, gold, tungsten
- Wafers bonding. Available process anodic bonding (silicion-galss), fusion bonding (silicon-silicon) and eutectic bonding (silicon-gold)